The dynamic city of Braga in Portugal has all it takes to make your summer vacation with your family worthwhile. Thus, we are glad that certain restrictions have been lifted for travelers who have chosen Portugal as their summer destination this year!
- General Requirements
- PCR taken not less than 72 hours before departure.
- Rapid Antigen Tests approved by the European Health Center and must not exceed 48 hours before departure.
- Passengers whose test results do not comply with the above must take a new test as soon as they arrive at their expense and wait in the airport pending notification of the result.
- Children below 12 are exempted from these tests.
- Visitors coming from a high-risk country must complete a mandatory 14 days quarantine after entrance into Portugal mainland either at home or a designated location.
- Isolation does not apply to travelers who have been approved as essential travelers in one way or the other.
The Best Places In Braga For Your Family This Summer
Overcast by the remains of an ancient castle, Lindoso is a charming village best known for an extensive collection of espigueiros in a semblance of tombs; the stone granaries.
These grain storages, which are topped off with beautification crosses, are lifted off the floor on legs made of granite and possess sidewalls with slots in them.
You can count about 50 of these 19th-century silos scattered on the slopes underneath the castle walls.
- Museu de Arte Sacra (Museum of Sacred Art)
Catch the thrill of the extensive collection of religious artworks and unique ecclesiastical gems at the museum of sacred heart. This place is brimming with a combination of ancient statues, ornate carvings, and other permanent exhibits like the beautiful Azulejo ties of 18 and 19 centuries.
- Ponte de Lima
This a gem by the riverside that took its name from the Roman bridge that spread over the Lima River.
Standing on this bridge, one gets a panoramic view of The 15th-century church of Santo António. You’ll see the reflection of its belltower cast over the still waters and a network of ancient cobbled streets that brings a rustic charm to the old town.
There is a huge traditional market dating back to the 12th century where you can explore with your family.
If you need to know more about Braga and other cities just as beautiful in Portugal, call us at (800) 588-8361or (206) 547-8361.
At Elizabeth Holmes Travel, we are well equipped to plan an excellent vacation to any destination in the world. We take our time to work out what works best for you! Contact us and get a taste of our professionalism!