10. Bungee jumping over scenic Lake Taupo TWICE!
9. Digging sand “hot tubs” at Hot Water Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula–our tubs were heated naturally by the thermal activity underground!
8. Blackwater rafting in the Waitomo caves with the glowworms – just as whacky as it sounds!
7. Zorbing in Rotorua – look it up if you don’t know. I felt like a human hamster.
6. Leisurely days in and around Nelson and Abel Tasman beachcombing and sunbathing
5. Taking the Milford Sound sightseeing flight and cruise from Queenstown to the Tasman Sea.
4. Hot Air Ballooning outside of Christchurch– watching the sun rise from 1000 feet up was magical.
3. Nightlife in Queenstown, Wellington, Christchurch, Nelson, Rotorua, Whitianga, Auckland, etc….
2. Fun new things to eat and drink! Meat pies, Hokey Pokey ice cream, long blacks and flat whites, pavlova, lamb, and plenty of Speights beer!
1. Helicopter landing and glacier hike on the Franz Josef Glacier followed by a soak in the Glacier hot pools – bliss.